You will Need:
White Cake Recipe or Store Bought White Cake Mix
Red, White and Blue Food Coloring
Black Licorice Rope
Round Cookie Cutter
1. Make your favorite white cake recipe or use store bought white cake mix.
2. Divide the cake mix into 3 bowls.
3. Mix each batter with one food coloring: Red,White and Blue
4. Bake cake according to directions on box, do not mix the red, white and blue batter.
5. Let cake cool
6. Using a circle cookie cutter to cut round shapes out of each cake.
7. Stack the cake, blue on bottom, white in the middle and red on top. Use Icing to attach cakes together.
8. Stick a straw down the middle of the stacked cakes, to make a hole for your pop rocks.
9. Pull the straw out and fill the hole with pop rocks.
10. Stick a small piece of black licorice rope in the hole, but leave some of the licorice hanging out so that it looks like the “fuse” on the firecracker.
11. Serve and Enjoy!
1. Prepare scratch or commercially-prepared pie dough.
2. Roll out dough and cut an even number of rounds approximately 3”-4” in diameter.
3. Place half of the rounds on a floured working surface, egg wash the interior perimeter, and place a popsicle stick about one-half to three-quarters of the way up the round.
4. After all sticks have been placed, fill with a couple of teaspoons of your favorite filling.
5. Gently cover each mound of filling with a dough round, and press the edges closed.
6. Roll out a bit more dough and cut small star shapes using a specialty cutter. Attach to the top of each pop.
7. Brush assembled pie pops with egg wash and bake according to instructions.
8. Let pops cool after baking, and attach a royal icing star to each with a bit of icing.
Recipe Courtesy of Lucks.com
You Will Need:
-Favorite sugar cookie recipe (our favorite sugar cookie recipe is below) or store bought.
-Favorite Royal Icing Recipe or store bought
-Ticket Cookie Cutter
-Movie Theater Ticket Wafer Paper
1. Prepare your favorite sugar cookie recipe or use store bought.
2. Cut dough into ticket shape cookies, bake and let cool(use a ticket cookie cutter that is about the same size as the wafer paper).
3. Spread Royal Icing on the top of the cut out cookies. And place white ticket shape fondant on tape of the royal icing.
4. Lay the Movie Ticket wafer paper on top of the white fondant, use corn syrup to attach wafer paper.
5. Optional: Pipe royal icing along the edge of the wafer paper.
Favorite Sugar Cookies
2 cups plus 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract*
*Optional substitution for ½ teaspoon vanilla – Substitute with ½ teaspoon lemon or almond extract for a light alternative flavoring.
Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture just until combined. Divide dough into two and wrap tight in plastic wrap, chill until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
When ready to bake, heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place parchment paper on your cookie sheets. Roll one-half the dough on a floured work surface. Cut out your cookies and place on the parchment paper covered cookie sheets. You can continue to reroll the scrapes until all the dough is used up. Continue the same steps with the second half of dough. Bake until a light golden, 13 to 16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before transferring or decorating.