You Will Need:
-Favorite sugar cookie recipe (our favorite sugar cookie recipe is below) or store bought.
-Favorite Royal Icing Recipe or store bought
-Ticket Cookie Cutter
-Movie Theater Ticket Wafer Paper
1. Prepare your favorite sugar cookie recipe or use store bought.
2. Cut dough into ticket shape cookies, bake and let cool(use a ticket cookie cutter that is about the same size as the wafer paper).
3. Spread Royal Icing on the top of the cut out cookies. And place white ticket shape fondant on tape of the royal icing.
4. Lay the Movie Ticket wafer paper on top of the white fondant, use corn syrup to attach wafer paper.
5. Optional: Pipe royal icing along the edge of the wafer paper.
Favorite Sugar Cookies
2 cups plus 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract*
*Optional substitution for ½ teaspoon vanilla – Substitute with ½ teaspoon lemon or almond extract for a light alternative flavoring.
Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture just until combined. Divide dough into two and wrap tight in plastic wrap, chill until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
When ready to bake, heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place parchment paper on your cookie sheets. Roll one-half the dough on a floured work surface. Cut out your cookies and place on the parchment paper covered cookie sheets. You can continue to reroll the scrapes until all the dough is used up. Continue the same steps with the second half of dough. Bake until a light golden, 13 to 16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before transferring or decorating.