1. Prepare scratch or commercially-prepared pie dough.
2. Roll out dough and cut an even number of rounds approximately 3”-4” in diameter.
3. Place half of the rounds on a floured working surface, egg wash the interior perimeter, and place a popsicle stick about one-half to three-quarters of the way up the round.
4. After all sticks have been placed, fill with a couple of teaspoons of your favorite filling.
5. Gently cover each mound of filling with a dough round, and press the edges closed.
6. Roll out a bit more dough and cut small star shapes using a specialty cutter. Attach to the top of each pop.
7. Brush assembled pie pops with egg wash and bake according to instructions.
8. Let pops cool after baking, and attach a royal icing star to each with a bit of icing.
Recipe Courtesy of Lucks.com