You will need:
1 box cake mix (bake as directed)
1 18 oz can of frosting
Cake Pop Sticks
White candy coating
Yellow, red, green and blue sanding sugar
1. Bake cake as directed on box for a 9 X 13 cake. Cool completely and crumble into a large bowl.
2. Mix up to 3/4 of a can of frosting into the cake crumbs using a large spoon. You won’t need the rest.
3. Roll mixture into 1.25-inch balls and place on a wax paper covered baking sheet. You can also use an ice cream scoop and then roll the balls.
4. Place cake balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes so they will firm up. Then transfer them to the refrigerator to remain chilled and avoid freezing.
5. Melt white candy coating in a mini crook pot or heat proof bowl so that the coating is at least three to four inches deep for easier dipping. Melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals on low, stirring in between. Repeat until melted and smooth.
6. Dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted white candy coating and insert stick into the cake ball. Dip the entire cake pop into the bowl of melted candy coating. Dip and remove in one motion without stirring. Make sure the entire cake ball is covered. If your coating is too thick, you can add a little vegetable oil to help thin it and make it easier to work with.
7. Remove and allow any excess coating to fall off the pop and back in the bowl and place in a Styrofoam block to dry.
8. When dry, use a toothpick to draw or lightly etch two perpendicular lines starting at the top of the cake pop. Draw the lines straight down the sides. Then draw two more perpendicular lines, so that you have eight equal sections. Brush off any white chocolate shavings.
9. Use a small brush to apply a thin layer of corn syrup to one section of the cake pop and dip in yellow sanding sugar. Repeat so all of the pops have yellow sections. Use a toothpick to clean up any edges and brush off any sanding sugar that gets on the exposed white sections of the pop. Repeat with the red, green and blue sections of the beach ball.
10. Use a toothpick to dot white candy coating on top of the pop and place a blue confetti sprinkle to finish off the Beach Ball look. Let dry completely and enjoy!
Idea and Recipe from www.bakerella.com