These cupcakes start with a basic white cake mix. Use any basic white cake recipe, or a box mix. As a busy mom of 2 very active little boys, I love to put my own spin on easy recipes! These are perfect for Easter brunch, or any Spring get together!
You will need:
- white cake mix (your favorite recipe or a box mix will work)
- lemon curd (store-bought or homemade)
- lemon cream cheese frosting recipe (from our March box)
- cupcake liners (from our March box)
- lemon zest and/or sprinkles for decoration
- food coloring if desired (from your March box)
Make our Lemon Cream Cheese frosting and refrigerate. Bake cake mix in cupcake liners according to package directions. Let cool.
Once cupcakes have cooled, using a cupcake plunger, or knife, cut out the inside of the cupcake and set aside. Fill each cupcake with about 1-2 teaspoons of lemon curd.
Place the top of cupcake that was removed to fill the hole.
Fill a piping bag with lemon cream cheese frosting and frost cupcakes. We divided our frosting and used some of the yellow food coloring to color half of it, you can also use the purple! Garnish with fresh lemon zest and/or sprinkles.